On Jun 26, 2006, at 10:11 PM, Peter wrote:

--- Vaj <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

On Jun 26, 2006, at 9:22 PM, authfriend wrote:

--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Vaj

"shempmcgurk" <shempmcgurk@>

wrote:

--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Vaj

<vajranatha@> wrote:

By request.

Ken Wilber demonstrates different brainwave

patterns on a

standard

home unit used in Neuro-feedback.

Ever hear of a TMer doing a blank wave?

No, I'm sure you haven't...

Well, here it is:

http://www.tinyurl.com/cmay6

(bottom of the page)

Eventually we'll see similar technology used

to qualify and

verify

those claiming certain states (e.g. someone

claiming access to a

non-

dual state should be able to make a "flat"

EEG).

Wouldn't a flat EEG be mahasamadhi?

Not when Ken Wilber does it...

Of course it really depends on how you define

"maha". It does have

special "yogic" meaning...

Well, of course.

Which is?...

Why are people assuming that a "non-dual state" would

have a brain wave pattern of nothing? Seems to be very

concrete thinking.

It does (perhaps), but it's based on experiential evidence, most unpublished (in regards to samadhi, sorry, a future study is pending). However, one caveat should be mentioned and that is 'criteria for brain death'. One is--a flat EEG--i.e. mahasamadhi. But another requirement is lack of blood flow into the brain, the infamous "hollow skull" finding. The Uniform Determination of Death Act might even accept this. You've heard the numerous cases of people who hospitals and "legal heirs" argue over "do we pull the plug or not". The courts tend to vacillate on the question--medical science is clearer: no EEG AND no blood flow ("hollow skull" perfusion) and s/he's "gone"...OK to pull the plug...

IMO better to understand this experientially *before* you go...

...you know how men hate to ask for directions!