On Jun 26, 2006, at 9:16 PM, sparaig wrote:

On Jun 26, 2006, at 8:40 PM, authfriend wrote:

--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Vaj <vajranatha@> wrote:

By request.

Ken Wilber demonstrates different brainwave patterns on a standard

home unit used in Neuro-feedback.

Ever hear of a TMer doing a blank wave?

No, I'm sure you haven't...

You've posted this here before, as I recall, Vaj.

Yes, that's right Judy. Thanks for noticing. :-)

Explain to us again (a) why we should be impressed

that Wilber can do a "blank wave" on a home EEG

unit;

Because of the *style* of samadhi this is indicative of (to put it in

TM lingo) is that of Unity Consciousness.

However it should also be noted this relates to a different path than

PC -> CC -> eventually leads to UC. Instead it should be seen as UC

grasped as the path (unusual because you are taking UC *as the path*,

rather than as an *end state*) and maturing into BC (to use the TM

metaphor).

and (b) why we should be disheartened (or

gleeful, if we're TM critics) that we've never heard

of a TMer doing a "blank wave"?

Because we should realize and make the connection that *dualistic

methods lead to dualistic states of consciousness* (e.g. the

witnessing artifact, which is an artifact of a dualistic meditation

method). That's not in any way to imply that dualistic states of

meditation are *bad* or *lesser* than other forms of meditation.

Instead they should be understood as a continuum naturally occurring

in meditative praxis. However, it should not be missed that *one is

much faster than the other!*

Well, here it is:

http://www.tinyurl.com/cmay6

(bottom of the page)

Eventually we'll see similar technology used to qualify and verify

those claiming certain states (e.g. someone claiming access to a

non-dual state should be able to make a "flat" EEG).

Oh, and while you're at it, (c) why making a "flat" EEG

(on a home machine) should be considered a requirement

for those claiming access to a nondual state?

It's not a *requirement*, merely one possible, measurable

signature...that's all.

Dare I point out that "zero" isn't muchof a measure?

Isn't that the "point"? :-)