--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, off_world_beings
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "peterklutz" <peterklutz@>
> wrote:
> >

> > In the ongoing battle at wikipedia certain editors have taken to
the
> > practice of referring to MMY as simply Mahesh.
> >
> > Aside the fact that the only name MMY has been known by for the
last
> > fifty or so years is MMY, I was under the impression that he has
> > actually been given this name in keeping with the tradition he
comes
> > from.
> >
> > I.e. Mahesh was given the full name Maharishi Mahesh Yogi when
his
> > peers/tradition over fifty years ago cognized him to be (1) a
yogi as
> > well as (2) a great seer.
> >
> > Anyone?
> >

> The story goes that about 3 years after Guru Dev's passing,
Maharishi
> was coerced by locals where he was living into giving speaches
about
> consciousness, because some locals thought he was a great learn'ed
> master fom the north. So they advertised his talks with some
> flamboyance (as is the way in India), and most likely announced
him
> as "Maharishi", and, "Yogi".
> His lectures were recieved with great enthusiasm and thus was born
the
> Spiritual Regeneration Movement. But who knows, no-one around now
was
> there, and the TM-ex people here will continue to make up stuff to
> suit their agenda. Everyone knows that in India in the 1950's the
> above story is a very likely scenario, because that is how the
Indians
> were.
>
> OffWorld

Personally I like what Maharishi says about the knowledge of
spiritually regenerating the world becoming lost over time, and then
the need for a revival of such living knowledge comes and the
knowledge is renewed.

Pardon me, but who the f*ck cares, including Maharishi, who the
actual vehicle or tool of the revival is? The whole issue is a
big 'so what ?'...the only thing that is necessary is that it has to
be someone. Who it is? Let the Absolute, God, Nature take care of
such details; It, We, She, He will anyway...