--- authfriendwrote:

> --- Gillam wrote:
> >
> > --- authfriend wrote:
> > >
> > > The "galactic universe," in the original
> > > quote, appeared to refer to the actual physical
> > > universe, not a metaphorical one.
> >
> > Maharishi has
> > taught a few techniques that involve thoughts
> > of planetary bodies, individually and in clusters.
> > ... I suspect ... it has
> > something to do with tying one's individual
> > awareness to the bigger picture, as a jyotish
> > consultation does.
>
> Your guess makes sense to me.
>
> (But it's not really relevant to my objection to
> the "galactic universe" phrase.)

Judy, are you pointing out that a galaxy is a subset
of the universe, hence "galactic universe" is like
saying "partial infinity" or some such non sequitur?
If so, I agree that it's a silly modifier.

I posted what I did above to point out that
"galactic universe" may have been chosen as a
way to say "the actual physical universe," as you observe.

I'm also curious about people's experiences in their
sadhanas, and how those experiences may tie into daily life.