> on 7/4/06 5:50 PM, shempmcgurk at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
>
> >  --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com <mailto:FairfieldLife%
40yahoogroups.com>

Time,

> > that Bush
> > program

> > billions on
> > surplus?

> > dollar
> >> >

> > I dont' know where you guys get your "10 trillion dollar surplus"
> > and "8 trillion dollar deficit": the entire U.S. budget this year
> > was about $2.8 trillion and the deficit was several hundreds of
> > billions of dollars.
> >
> Actually, I was referring to the national debt, which is on track
to double
> during Bush¹s terms in office.

I stand corrected: it's more like an 70% increase at current rates,
not 40% as I suggested or a doubling as you suggested.

Here are the figures since January 2001 (when Bush took office):

09/30/2005        $7,932,709,661,723.50
09/30/2004        $7,379,052,696,330.32
09/30/2003        $6,783,231,062,743.62
09/30/2002        $6,228,235,965,597.16