> In a message dated 7/5/06 1:49:02 P.M. Central Daylight Time,
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
>
> Why  people are bashing Kyoto is almost incomprehensible -- other than
> they know  little of what they speak.
>

> Because the worlds worst polluters are exempted  from  cleaning up
their
> pollution.

Well I was referring to people on the list.

While i wish all nations ratified it, the Protocols as ratified by 163
countries is a huge first step towards all nations ratifying it or
similar next gneration GHG agreements.

And and worlds worst polluter  is not exempted  from  cleaning up
their pollution per se. The US refused to ratify it after signing it.

China and India have the potential to be the largest, but at .76 and
.29 tons of carbon emissions per capita they have a long way to go to
gain the black distinction of exceeding the US at 5.37

Does a 5-15 year dealy in China and India agreeing to such accords
worth throwing the baby out with the bath water? (Indeed C&I may be
forced into it earlier by market pressure -- that is world markets
refuse to by non-carbon compensated goods.)