> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Robert Gimbel <babajii_99@>
> wrote:

snip

> >   Perhaps the Donald?
> >   Maybe so, but this is a State in big trouble.
> >   A gay governor cruising the highway, is not a good image;
> >   Especially in this time of war,
>
> What the bleep are you talking about?  The "gay
> governor" was doing a fine job, except that he had
> the poor judgment to hire his lover for a government
> position.  He's now long gone because of that one slip;
> but what on earth did that have to do with its being
> a "time of war"?
>
> He had the guts to publicly come out of the closet
> in his resignation speech.
>
> The fine governor we have now, Jon Corzine, a Democrat,
> is fighting entrenched political interests in the state,
> trying to bring the budget under control.  He's had the
> guts to shut down the government rather than knuckle
> under to those interests.  Sooner or later, there will
> be some kind of compromise that the entrenched interests
> will have to accept; this is a battle that has to be
> fought.
>
> >   A former governor,
> >   Christy Whitman:
>
> A Republican.
>
> >   Turns against the President on environmental issues:
>
> Who was appointed to head the EPA by Bush.
>
> >   That is truly irony at it's finest.
>
> Yes, *she* is belatedly showing some guts.
>
> So that's three gutsy governors, two past, one present.
>
> New Jersey, despite its small size, is one of the most
> vital states in the Union (and one of the most beautiful
> once you get past the blighted areas).  There has been a
> great deal of corruption exactly because of New Jersey's
> vitality and the money to be made from it, but with
> Corzine in charge and various efforts across the state,
> we're fighting the good fight against it.
snip

I could not agree with you more, Judy.  Corzine is smart ( he ran the show at
Goldman
Sachs before becoming governor) and compassionate.   He knows finance, and is
doing
the right thing in cloisng the government until the money issue is dealt with
openly. I think
if things unfold properly, he might be running for President in 8 years.