> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, new.morning <no_reply@> wrote:
> >
> > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, johnlasher20002000
> > <no_reply@> wrote:
> > >
> > > From David From: "David Orme-Johnson" <davidoj@>
> > > To: "'John Theobald'" <JohnTheobald@>
> > > Subject: RE: Question on EEG coherence
> > > Date: Thursday, July 06, 2006 1:46 PM
> > >

> > > This study was done in the very early days before vigorous hoping,
> > and the
> > > subject was sitting still.
> >
> > I find this statement quite odd. I was on the first Gov course when
> > the "flying" was first done. Hopping was quite vigorous and vocal for
> > many / most right from the very start. I "flew" in a number of
> > different groups in the subsequent two years -- europe, east coast,
> > west coast (US) -- lots of vigorous hopping.
> >
> > For some /many, there may have been 1-2 minutes of sitting relatively
> > still before much more vigorous stuff happened. And some -- a few --
> > sat still most of the session.  But to characterize the early days, in
> > constrast an implied "latter days", as "before vigorous hopping",
> > doesn't fit my experience at all. Unless David is referring to
> > "flying" experiments (if they existed) in 1975 or perhaps early 76.
> > But I doubt eegs were being done then.
> >

> Research completed May, 1977. He may have meant prior to "non-stop
hopping."

We were out in the field setting up and teaching the first citizen
sidha courses by may 77. And when some of the first big posters /
displays appeared -- like the women (kate? -- she was at MIU SB as I
recall) appearing to be making a 20 footer.

I would imagine research completed by then was done early 77 -  which
is when the real flying started on 6 mo courses in Suisse.  And its
this period my prior comments refer to. Those were the "early days" of
"flying" to me.

(There was some less structured stuff, with foam, in summer 76 as I
recall.)