--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, johnlasher20002000
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> There is some evidence that increased brainwave coherence opens one
> up to an intelligence field which is universal and contains all
> experiences. Our own individual brain apparently only accesses
> information that we have put into the field but the field contains
> much more which is more accesable with a high degree of coherence.
> An author who goes into the exact experiment which concluded this is
> Ervin Laszlo who Ken wilber frequently quotes.

Say, Vaj, I thought Ken Wilber was against any
attempts to reconcile quantum mechanics with
mysticism.  Any idea how he does it with Laszlo?

>From Wikipedia:

Ervin László (born 1932 in Budapest, Hungary) is a Hungarian
philosopher of science, systems theorist, and integral theorist. He
has published about 75 books and over 400 papers, and is editor of
World Futures: The Journal of General Evolution.[1]

In 1993, in response to his experience with the Club of Rome, he
founded the Club of Budapest to, in his words, "center attention on
the evolution of human values and consciousness as the crucial
factors in changing course—from a race toward degradation,
polarization, and disaster to a rethinking of values and priorities
so as to navigate today's transformation in the direction of
humanism, ethics, and global sustainability".[1]

His 2004 book, Science and the Akashic Field: An Integral Theory of
Everything posits a field of information as the substance of the
cosmos. Using the Sanskrit and Vedic term for "space", Akasha, he
calls this information field the "Akashic field" or "A-field". He
posits that the "quantum vacuum" (see Vacuum state) is the
fundamental energy and information-carrying field that informs not
just the current universe, but all universes past and present
(collectively, the "Metaverse"). László describes how such an
informational field can explain why our universe is so improbably
fine-tuned as to form galaxies and conscious lifeforms; and why
evolution is an informed, not random, process. He believes that the
hypothesis solves several problems that emerge from quantum physics,
especially nonlocality and quantum entanglement. He also sees his
hypothesis as solving the perennial disputes between science and
religion.

Influences on integral thought:

James Mark Baldwin
Pierre Teilhard de Chardin
Stanislav Grof
Edward Haskell
Erich Jantsch
Rupert Sheldrake
Francisco Varela
Arthur M. Young

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ervin_L%C3%A1szl%C3%B3

Interview with Laszlo (no woo-woo stuff, though):
http://www.haven.net/patterns/interviews/laszlo.html

Amazon page for Laszlo's "The Whispering Pond:
A Personal Guide to the Emerging Vision of Science"

Excerpt from the Publishers Weekly review:

Laszlo postulates a fifth universal field to unify the accepted four
universal fields in physics: gravitation, electromagnetism and the
strong and weak nuclear forces. Laszlo speculates that a fifth field,
which he calls the psi field, would explain diverse anomalies from
the conundrums of quantum physics and sudden leaps in complexity
during biological evolution to human consciousness and even ESP. He
likens the psi field to the Vedic Brahman, "the unchanging mind and
essence of the universe," and describes it as a "subtly
interconnected world, a 'whispering pond' in which we are intimately
linked to each other and to nature, assimilated by our intellect and
embraced by our heart."

(One of the three user reviews is highly enthusiastic;
another called the book "pseudoscientific nonsense"; the
third thought it was interesting but not nearly detailed
or well developed enough.)