> Don't know if you're still sparring with Skolnick
> over the TM page, but I thought you might at least
> get a chuckle out of this.  Doesn't sound as though
> JAMA plans to have one of its news editors write a
> muckraking expose of these researchers, does it?
>
> July 13, 2006
> Medical Journal Says It Was Again Misled
> By THE ASSOCIATED PRESS
>
> CHICAGO, July 12 — For the second time in two months, The Journal of
> the American Medical Association says it was misled by researchers
> who failed to reveal financial ties to drug companies.
>
> The journal is tightening its policies for researchers as a result.

Where have we heard this before? Ironically Andrew's been posting extensive
stuff about
his JAMA expose in the Transcendental Meditation article under the guise of
fair and
balanced. Wiki procedures don't reallly have any way of addressing this kind of
thing, I
think, without escalating the matter to the highest levels, which is a tad
silly (both the
requirement and actually doing somethige like that in this case).