> > Don't know if you're still sparring with Skolnick
> > over the TM page, but I thought you might at least
> > get a chuckle out of this.  Doesn't sound as though
> > JAMA plans to have one of its news editors write a
> > muckraking expose of these researchers, does it?
> >
> > July 13, 2006
> > Medical Journal Says It Was Again Misled
> > By THE ASSOCIATED PRESS
> >
> > CHICAGO, July 12 — For the second time in two months, The Journal
of
> > the American Medical Association says it was misled by
researchers
> > who failed to reveal financial ties to drug companies.
> >
> > The journal is tightening its policies for researchers as a
result.

> Where have we heard this before? Ironically Andrew's been posting
extensive stuff about
> his JAMA expose in the Transcendental Meditation article under the
guise of fair and
> balanced. Wiki procedures don't reallly have any way of addressing
this kind of thing, I
> think, without escalating the matter to the highest levels, which
is a tad silly (both the
> requirement and actually doing somethige like that in this case).

I was thinking that you might sneak in a mention
of it in one of your back-and-forths with him
about his JAMA expose, just to tweak his nose a
little.

It really is ironic.  *Now* JAMA is tightening its
policies...  And these were actual *studies*, not
puff pieces that mention a few studies in passing.