I once practiced the original, non-VooDoo TM, that is, until the
movement started to make claims of levitation, invisibility, etc. At
that moment, I began to question what I was involved with, and for
the first time, think critically about it. I retreated as hastily as
I could.

In the decades since then, the TMO has paraded out wealthy rajas in
gold crowns, advanced astrology as legitimate science, charged huge
bucks for pandits to chant yagyas to "avert the danger that has not
come," dictated that home and office must have east or north
entrances, claims of lowering crime rates,and much more hoo-hah,
while all the time claiming that practioners are "flying."

Where are the critical thinkers? Certainly not in the TM movement.

The meditation was nice, but we were sold a bill of goods, and I'm
so glad that I did not buy into the program.

--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "shempmcgurk"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I practise the TM Program.  That is the practise of the TM
Technique