You seem to be approaching a spiritual practice from a
very materialistic perspective. If you believe a
spiritual practice will fulfill your material desires
of the mind, you are quite mistaken. Fulfillment does
not arise from gratifying one desire after another.
Look at Buddha. He fulfilled all his desires and
became clinically depressed which led him to seek That
which is beyond desire.