Title: FW: Thoughts on what is going on in Israel
From a friend of mine. I haven’t even read the whole thing, but I thought it might be of interest here:

I am sharing this with you. My sister, now vacationing in the US, sent it to me from friends of hers in Israel.  These are such horrific times in Israel again made so much worse by the sympathy of much of the world for a people who wants to destroy the Jews of Israel and take possession of the land, with no intention or desire to negotiate a meaningful peace.   Steve

EMAIL CORRESPONDENCE

NEWSLETTER - ISRAEL AT WAR  JULY 2006

Dear Friends,

Unfortunately Israel is at war.
Fortunately Israel is at war.
Better to face up to the enemy(Iran) now rather than later, when he is stronger.
This is the opening of War against Iran, who are using their proxies ˆ the Hizbullah in Lebanon and the Hamas in the Palestine Authority ˆ to „soften up‰ Israel for the kill.
There is no doubt at all that Iran intends to make good on its threats to destroy Israel and every Jew living there. There is no doubt at all that Iran will never be stopped by words alone, nor by economic sanctions if they ever take place. And Iran‚s aim is to lead Islam to world domination. Israel is the beginning.
For far too long we in Israel have been trying to find favor with the Western Powers ˆ particularly in Europe ˆ by practicing the policy of „Restraint‰ against Islamic/Palestinian Terror. To the extent of supporting ŒUnilateral Disengagement‚, first from Lebanon in 2000 and then from Gaza last year.
I confess that I was one of those supporting this policy of Israel leaving without any agreements ˆ not because I believed it would solve the 4,000 year war between the Arabs and the Jews, but because I was tired and weary of the loss of life amongst our soldiers and thought that this policy may give us a 5 to 10 year pause in the battle, enable us to rest for a while before the Œnext round‚.
The policy backfired as the Jihadi terrorists and their supporters in the Arab/Islam world saw our unilateral withdrawal from Lebanon and Gaza as an Islamic victory over Israel ˆ the „brave Palestinians‰ who proudly excel in murdering innocent civilians, forced Israel to retreat with our tail between our legs.
(A majority of Moslems worldwide support the Palestinians, not in forming a Palestinian State alongside Israel but in forming a Palestinian State instead of Israel ˆ i.e. destroying Israel).
The terrorists became ever bolder, and in the last week actually entered the borders of Israel from Gaza and from Lebanon, and on our own Œundisputed‚ soil ambushed our soldiers guarding the borders ˆ killing 8 soldiers and kidnapping another 3.
This was the wake-up call, even for the most left-wing liberals in Israel. Such actions are the same as a declaration of War, and demand a very severe reaction from Israel. The policy of Restraint ( turning the other cheek, Œunderstanding Œpoor Arafat or Abu Mazen ˆand now the Œmoderate wing‚ of the Hamas in the Gaza Strip) has led only to more and more severe attacks against us, and has become bankrupt.
The Arabs and Iranian Jihadists believe that Israel is tired of fighting (correct), and can be forced by terrorism into making more and more political concessions without getting anything in return from the Palestinians (this was correct until this week). The Arabs believe that the Israelis can be defeated on the battlefield by changing the rules of the game ˆ whereby the Palestinians „are not able‰ to control their many terrorist organizations operating against Israel, whereas the Israelis are expected NOT to react in kind, not to use our strengths and definitely not to indulge in what the French and Europeans love to call „disproportionate warfare‰ to Palestinian Terror.
In other words, when the Palestinians killed 20 Israelis in a homicide bombing at a restaurant in 2003, Israel was expected to react „responsibly‰ and not attack the terrorists because they were holed up in a mosque or a hospital or even in their family homes. If we did attack them, and any civilians were killed in the cross-fire, this was considered to be „a disproportionate reaction‰ by Israel ˆ and worthy of the same degree of condemnation as the actions of the Palestinians who actually set out to kill innocent Israeli civilians.
Well, I hope our leaders have finally come to their senses. We need to go after the terrorists and their leaders, no matter who they are and where they are.
We need to kill them.
Before they kill us.
And if there is any collateral damage caused by Israeli pursuit of the terrorists, well that‚s just too bad. Palestinians should know not to associate with terrorists, not to allow them freedom of movement ˆ and most of all NOT to vote terrorists into power, as the Palestinian population did with Hamas.
When 70% of the Palestinians support the deliberate policy of killing innocent civilians in Israel, then that population should not complain when some are accidentally killed and injured by Israel in pursuit of those same terrorists.
And we in Israel finally have to abandon our outmoded morality of warfare and our sacred principle of „the purity of arms‰. We have to realize that the enemy is not only those terrorists whom we actually physically see and identify, but also their families and friends ˆ 70% of the Palestinian population ˆ who give them food and shelter and support their aims without actually pulling the trigger.
We need to kill every terrorist we find even if the people surrounding him are killed as well. It is our MORAL IMPERITIVE to save Israeli lives. The only way we can save Israeli lives is by defeating terrorism, which means killing all the terrorists we can find with whatever means we have available, even when Palestinian terrorist-sympathizers will die because they are in the way. (We have nothing to negotiate with people who believe we have no right to exist).
I hope we will have the courage and the moral backbone to do exactly this in Gaza and in Judea and Samaria ( the West Bank), in Beirut, in Damascus and finally in Iran.

TOURISM

It is strange to speak of Tourism while Hizbulla/Iranian missiles are falling all over the north of Israel.
Obviously some tour leaders may be faced with a few participants wanting to cancel their trips.
 One should wait and see.
The opportunity has arisen for Israel to try and clean out the Hizballa from our northern border. They will not be allowed to return and place their Katyusha rockets and long-range Iranian missiles where they are a constant threat to Israel.
This however could take some time to accomplish. It will not happen overnight.
It is generally accepted that Israel may be able to squeeze out 2 weeks before the Europeans and USA force us to hold to a cease-fire. We have no choice but to heed the warnings of Europe. Europe gets most of its oil from the Arab countries, and if push comes to shove would not hesitate to Œsacrifice‚ Israel to the Arabs and Palestinians.
Also Europe takes 75% of Israel‚s exports. A boycott of Israel by European countries could bring us to our knees.
So the IDF will do its best to create as much havoc and destruction in the ranks of the Hizballa in the time we have available (probably at least 2 weeks). And our civilian population will during that time also suffer casualties.
Once there is a cease-fire the Hizballa will have to stop firing rockets into Israel, and life will return to what passes for normal in this part of the world ˆ at least until the next flare-up.
In the meanwhile, thank God, no tourists have come to any harm ˆ and we hope of course that this remains so.
SO WE ARE SAYING TO YOU ˆ HANG ON TO SEE WHAT HAPPENS. DON‚T CANCEL ANY TOURS RIGHT NOW.
IT IS ALMOST CERTAIN THAT THERE WILL ALWAYS BE PROBLEMS ON THE BORDERS BETWEEN ISRAEL AND THE PALESTINIANS/SYRIANS/HIZBALLA AND HAMAS TERRORISTS.
It is also certain that the security situation inside of Israel will return to what it was over the last year, before the events of the last week in Gaza and Lebanon.

David Frank

WINSTON CHURCHILL ON ISLAM - SPEECH IN 1899!

 "How dreadful are the curses which Mohammedanism lays on its votaries!
  Besides the fanatical frenzy, which is as dangerous in a man as hydrophobia in a dog, there is this fearful fatalistic apathy.

  The effects are apparent in many countries. Improvident habits, slovenly systems of agriculture, sluggish methods of comm erce, and insecurity of property exist wherever the followers of the Prophet rule or live.

  A degraded sensualism deprives this life of its grace and refinement; the next of its dignity and sanctity. The fact that in Mohammedan law every woman must belong to some man as his absolute property, either as a child, a wife, or a concubine, must delay the final extinction of slavery until the faith of Islam has ceased to be a great power among  men.

  Individual Moslems may show splendid qualities, but the influence of the religion paralyses the social development of those who follow it.

  No stronger retrograde force exists in the world. Far from being moribund, Mohammedanism is a militant and proselytizing faith. It has already spread throughout Central Africa, raising fearless warriors at every step; and were it not that Christianity is sheltered in the strong arms of science, the science against which it had vainly struggled, th e civilization of modern Europe might fall, as fell the civilization of ancient Rome."

  Sir Winston Churchill (The River War, first edition, Vol. II, pages 248-50 (London: Longmans, Green & Co., 1899).