--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Robert Gimbel <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

>   I was just thinking, to myself?
>   Was John Lennon right, when he wrote the line:
>
>   "Maharishi...
>
>   What have you done?
>   You made a fool of everyone..."
>
>   "We gave you everything,
>   Just to sit at your table,
>   And you turned out to be just like everyone?

Exactly. And that was a remarkable realization
on the part of Mr. Lennon.

The problem is that people project their fantasies
onto those they consider enlightened. They are
convinced that there is something "wrong" with
them, and that that's the reason they're not
enlightened/happy/whatever. So they meet someone
and consider them enlightened, and *of course*
in their fantasies these people they look up to
*can't* have any of the qualities they dislike
or are uncomfortable with in themselves. They
have to be somehow perfect, the way they *wish*
they were.

The real bottom line is that the enlightened
(and I am not saying that Maharishi is one of
them, but the same would be true if they met
a real enlightened person) *are* just like
everybody else. Their enlightenment *does not
depend* on any of the petty qualities or lack
of faults that the stupid seekers think it does.
It depends only on realizing that enlightenment
has always been present, whatever else was
*also* present.