A friend, the crazed Zen master, Roshi Kobutsu Malone, gave me a copy
of the recent book _The Mahasiddha and His Idiot Servant_ by John
Riley Perks with the hope that I might want to interview him
sometime. This is a great book, for me, one of those books you just
can't put down, it's so captivating. It's the story of the Vidyadhara
Chogyam Trungpa as told by his butler and heart disciple. It's been
refused advertisement in most Buddhist magazines, esp. those
associated with Trungpa's spiritual org, Shambhala. Needless to say,
Shambhala Publications ( http://www.shambhala.com/ ) wouldn't publish
it either, so it's been privately printed.

I don't see why. It's not about guru bashing but an intimate insight
into one of the most controversial and influential mahasiddhas of the
last century. Of course, after the demise of Trungpa, it's also not
surprising that the new org wants to whitewash and sanitize his image
and bio. This book is a thorn they're anxious to avoid.

A great read for those who enjoy this kinda thing.