--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "heshiepothead" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> > Normal dangerous dose of licorice is in the 5-15 gram/day range for
> hypertensives. With
> > her, 250 mg/day is enough to give her a minor stroke (sigh).
> >

> They sell deglycerinized licorice-it's called DGL, a couple of
> companies make it, the glycerinize-o-thingee componenet of licorice
> is what causes the blood pressure problem

It's a major ingredient in MAK tablets and a minor one in nectar. Doubt if
they'll change
the recipee jus for her, however. I personally am not convinced that its the
licorice that
caused her problems since its supposed to be an accumulative thing having to do
with
sodium retention. But you can't argue with someone who may or may not  have had
minor stroke due to something about trying that thing again because you suspect
the ER
doctor's diagnosis was wrong.

http://us.click.yahoo.com/SISQkA/gOaOAA/yQLSAA/UlWolB/TM