> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Bhairitu <noozguru@> wrote:
> <snip>
> > Is it beginning to bake in France yet like it is in the US?
I've
> > never understood drinking an acidic wine in the middle of a hot
> > summer.  Beer, which is bitter (and cold) makes more sense.
>
> FWIW, while a cold alcoholic drink may taste wonderful
> in hot weather, *no* alcoholic drink makes you cooler--
> to the contrary.

Ha-Ha! I am enjoying the way the subject matter here has morphed in
relation to the title...

Yes, I heard once that the difference between a painkiller and a
tranquilizer is that with a painkiller, the signals from the injury
are actually blocked from reaching the brain, whereas with a
tranquilizer, the signals reach the brain, but you don't care. Same
with alocohol on a hot day...