> > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "larry.potter" <larry.potter@>
> wrote:
> > >
> > > b. It's [Israel] the only place Jews can call home.
> >
> > Other than the various countries they are citizens of, you mean?
>
> A good point. Can you point to any other religion on
> the planet that has a nation specifically reserved
> as (or even considered as) "home" to members of that
> religion?
>
> I somehow doubt that Muslims in other parts of the
> world consider Saudi Arabia "home,"

[snip]

They have a number of sacred sites they consider "home."

Mecka and Jerusalem are two.

Ayodha was another.

One could say that the manner in which Islam designates certain places
as "Holy" followed by attempting to appropriate these places can be
viewed as an MO of territorial expansion in itself.

"Religious imperialism," if you will.

http://us.click.yahoo.com/zAINmC/Vp3LAA/i1hLAA/UlWolB/TM