In a message dated 7/26/06 9:02:35 A.M. Central Daylight Time, [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
A good point. Can you point to any other religion on
> the planet that has a nation specifically reserved
> as (or even considered as) "home" to members of that
> religion?

Not sure, but some Native American tribal religions
might qualify, at least in terms of certain regions
of what became the United States. It may be true
of some African tribal religions as well, perhaps
others here and there.

The thing is that Jews are historically a *tribe*,
rather than just a group of folks who believe in
the same religion (and the tribe includes secular
Jews). Tribes do tend to have homelands.
I would bet Hindus would consider India their traditional homeland.