> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, MDixon6569@ wrote:
> >

> > In a message dated 7/30/06 6:03:24 P.M. Central Daylight Time,
> > sparaig@ writes:
> >
> > One  small example, but a way in which the US can still move in
the
> > >  direction of peace while realistically protecting our
interests.

> > > These ideas of "I can kick your ass before you kick mine"
and "I can
> > > kick your ass so hard, you'll never get back at me" are the
most
> > > short-sighted and foolish and damaging policies. Anyone
pursuing
> > > such ideas in the government should be removed from office
> > >  immediately! Such stupid and dull thinking.
> > >

> > Actually, a strong  country should have that as a given, but be
so
> > self-confidant that it
> > never needs to be spoken of. That the Bush Administration appears
to make  it
> > the heart of
> > their diplomatic strategy is a Very Bad  Thing.
> >

> > The Bush administration asked the European community to handle
the  situation
> > and negotiations with Iran. They became frustrated with the lack
of  progress
> > and insisted the US become more involved. Bush has said all along
that  there
> > will be a negotiated settlement. The only thing Bush has said in
regards  to
> > force is that military options are not off the table but are a
last  resort.
> > And I would bet that was the reason the Europeans asked for US
involvement in
> > the talks.
> >

> I was about to agree with you until I recalled that "all military
options" for Bush, includes
> first-strike nuclear ones.

It is true that the Bush administration are like hill-billy's when it
comes to diplomacy; as we know our image in the world is not so hot
these days.
But when it comes to 'first strike capability';
That is America's main line of defense, and all the billions we've
spent on weapons and satellites...
At least we need to explain through 'truth in propaganda'
That the weapons they seek and lust for;
We already have, and in a much greater form.
We need to remind them, that we are in a better position,
To,'Wipe them off the map", as they have threatened Israel,
And I'm sure they would like the same thing for us, here.
So, we need to be a little more aggresive with these people.
We are in a weak position now, in world opinion, because of Iraq.
Which is why Iran is taking advantage of this weakened situation.
Israel has weakened itself also, by this latest action, in the eyes
of world opionion.
So, we are in a dangerous period, and I am just wondering what is any
way to avoid what appears to be a collision course...