> Yesterday was a real wake-up call for me.
> I started the day with a great meditation
> that left me happy and fulfilled, and
> followed it up with laughing and joking
> with friends over coffee in the corner cafe.
> None of them meditate, but they rejoice in
> life, and consistently find ways to share their
> joy with others. There was not an ounce of
> fear or disharmony around the table.
>
> And then I went home and logged onto FFL, and
> it was like diving into a cesspool. I was
> plunged into the words of 30-year meditators
> who were advocating the use of nuclear weapons
> on millions of people whose only crime was to
> be born in a country and a culture the 30-year
> meditators are terrified of. I read the words
> of those who supported that stance for no other
> reason than because it gave them another way to
> slam someone on FFL they don't like. I saw again
> the TMO's 'selective focus' in reporting the
> 'News,' and trying to take credit for those
> selective reports, while distancing themselves
> from the bigger stories they can't see because
> of the blinders they're wearing, and have been
> wearing for so long. I was reminded of the way
> that the TMO deals with those who don't believe
> what they're supposed to, and how some of these
> same 30-year meditators here see absolutely
> nothing wrong with that.
>
> Suffice it to say that it was a real bringdown.
> This morning the experience repeated itself.
> Within moments I was right back in the shit
> again, reacting and posting stuff just as
> lowvibe as the things I was reading. I've now
> deleted them.
>
> Enough already.
>
> My thanks to Rick for creating such a forum,
> where people can do what they are not allowed
> to do in the TMO -- express their doubts and
> their questions along with their fervent beliefs.
> At the same time, my apologies to Rick and
> everyone here for my part in turning it into
> a more contentious forum than it needed to be.
>
> My thanks also to Kirk, Vaj, Jim, Tom T., Sal,
> Dr. Pete, Rory, George, Paul, Michael, Shemp,
> cardemeister, and all of the others who have
> consistently demonstrated that one can survive
> the TMO with one's spiritual hopes intact, and
> with some sense of style. You have all posted
> many great comments and experiences for me to
> ponder, and I have.
>
> I have also pondered the things that others
> have said about my participation here, and have
> come to the conclusion that they were correct.
> I don't belong here; the nasty things that are
> said get to me and all too often goad me into
> participating in and perpetuating -- if not
> deepening -- the nastiness. Kirk was right in
> his decision to leave FFL, and for the right
> reasons. He found many of the discussions here,
> the way they are handled, and the mindset of
> the 'handlers' too heartbreaking for him to
> endure. He wisely moved on. I join him in that
> decision, and in the quest for people who more
> closely share my own sensibilities.

> [...]

Sorry if it was time to bring up some real issues for you;
And that your coffee shop experience of oblivion, was better;
Than some real debate;
Or that you can't dominate the conversation anymore;
With your condescending attitude;
So, you have to put your tail between your legs;
And run away.
Bye bye.