> On Aug 2, 2006, at 12:46 PM, new.morning wrote:
> >
> >> The direct experience is the important thing.
> >>

> > Assuming all the neuural pathways that Spariag touches on in prior
> > posts, and the 100 billion synapes in the brain, are all functioning
> > 'well", and that the 'experiencer" has had rigorous training to
> > overcome the many potential cognitive and logical errors,
> > psychoanalytical complexes (can you say "Oedipal"?) that the human
> > mind is prone to make (particularly in interpreting "spiritual
> > experiences". As Dana will tell you extensively and in detail -- with
> > research (not his, but cites).

> > Meanwhile, I just experienced that I am Lord of the Universe, so I am
> > going with that. :)
>
> Say no more.

The larger point being is that people can and do claim all sorts of
experiences. Who is to say they are not true? Who is to say I am not
Lord of the Universe? And how would you rigorously disprove this claim?

Well, research on physiology on alternative states, a rigorous
accounting of potential cognitive and logical errors the claimant is /
has been prone to make, inklings of manifestations of psychological
complexes, etc, can help sort such things out.

If indeed one cares about claims made by others about experiences. Its
enough for some to dwell on their own experiences. Or not dwell.