--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "feste37" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> The reason for this discrepancy between the number registered and the
> number attending is that the course is free. People who have no
particular
> interest in going to the dome are getting their badges updated
because they
> think that perhaps, maybe, they might want to put in an appearance at
some
> time in the future. But mostly they don't go. The movement is always
criticized
> for being too much concerned with money, but now they are offering
> something of value for nothing, it becomes clear that unless you
charge
> something, people don't value what you offer.

One friend of mine signed up for the course, went to the dome for three
days, and then left town for a vacation at the shore, which had been
planned months ago. She is enjoying the bliss of the boundless Atlantic
ocean. Stuffy dome or an endless breeze on the beach? Hmmmm...

I know of a couple of other FF people who signed up to see if they
could actually get back in the dome after being out for a long time
(years), got accepted, got registered, but have no real desire to be in
the dome. Hence, they do their program at home.

Maybe some of the out-of-towners are hanging out at the local coffee
houses, yukking it up with dear, old friends. A very blissful, sweet
experience.

You do what makes you happy.