On Aug 4, 2006, at 11:19 AM, new.morning wrote:

Good points, some comments interwoven.

--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "wayback71" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

In my own case, I didn¹t for a moment take the rumors seriously,

but then I

never had the amount and detail of information now available. And

if books

come out, there will be much more info. My guess is that a

percentage will

deny it all, while refusing to look at the evidence, while a

majority will

accept it. Some of these will dismiss him as a total fraud, but

hopefully

many will try to arrive at a balance view.

In my case, I heard rumors in the 70's and dismissed them.

Me too. I heard some pretty exlicit detailed things in 1977. To my

surprise, it didn't phase me much. I figured, if true, its M's

business -- and what someone does --- who (presumably -- and this was

absolutely assumed back then) had full mastery of yogic powers, and

energy flows --- is not so relevant for aspirants.

Interesting post, thanks.

Do you *still* believe that M. has "full mastery of yogic powers, and energy flows" or has time modified your POV?