> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Vaj <vajranatha@> wrote:
> >

> > I'm not sure what you're saying John. He clearly states he's a
> > sannyasi.
>
> A sannyasi is one who has devoted his life to
> spirituality (as opposed to career and family).
> It doesn't automatically mean celibate.

And which order(s) of sanyassi are your referring to? And you have
spoken to members of these orders? Do you speak hindi? Or did you have
to use a translator when you spoke to these sanyassis (as I inferred
you must have to make such bold statements with a straight face.)

I never have talked to or even heard of sexually active sanyassi
orders. I would love to hear about your adventures in india finding
the non-celibate sanyassis. And I know some reseachers, pre-eminent in
documenting sanyassis, who would be fascinated by your findings. In
his extensive interviewing if sanyassis', in hindi, I don't think he
has come across sexually active sanyassis. Some sadhus do tie rocks to
their phallic endowments and "really" let it hang -- to over 3 feet
and more, but thats a tapas, not sex. And there are those
cross-dressing devotees to Ma. But that is all about devotion and
non-identity, rather than some sexual proclivity.