--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, new.morning <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

<snip>
> > Was Nablus's quote about an "agreement with the body"
> > said to teachers?  If so, it would be both.
>
> Thats a phrase I never heard him use with regards to celibacy. But
> maybe he did. And probably with more context. M has said all sorts
of
> "phrases" -- but after he hits a topic with 100 wordings, its pretty
> clear what the theme is. Some people will hear a phrase, and it fits
> what they want to hear and do, so they go with that one phrase and
> ignore the context.  i have seen that a number of times.
>
> And if Nablus is suggesting that he ONLY heard M saying,
> particularly to full-time teachers and staff, something along the
> lines of: "gee, sex is pretty individual thing, if you really like
> sex, well, go for it, don't strain at all in that regard, just be
> easy going about it, and if the thought of sex occurs, gee, go for
> it, just 'take it as it comes' and don't make any effort at all to
> save vital energy. Afterall, sex or BC, its kind of a toss up. And
> a strong memory, and strong bramacharis running movement, its kind
> of over-rated" then he, Nablus, is very foggy in his memory :)

Gee, don't you think you could pack a few more straw
men into that sentence?

> And i have provided multiple points M made. He made many others of
> the same POV. Marek presents a pretty strong case on M's POV, I
> dnon't think Rick ever viewed M's POV on celibacy as wishy-washy.

You believe the recommendation to make an "agreement
with the body" is wishy-washy?

 Many others
> could chime in. So, if with all that, you want to take one phrase --
> out of context -- from Nablius and conclude that was M's definitive
> message to teachers, well, good luck with that one. I hope all your
> logical conclusions are as persuasive and profound. :)

It does sound to me like the kind of bottom-line
instruction MMY gives when questions arise about
how to govern one's behavior (like "Don't do what
you think is wrong" and "Don't strain").  It would
be better to have context, certainly.  But it doesn't
seem to me you can just dismiss it entirely either.