> > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "dhamiltony2k5"
> > <dhamiltony2k5@> wrote:
> > >
> > > A lasting peace and reconciliation?  Reconciling the numbers,
> >what
> > > would the TMOrg need do, to reconcile
> > > with its people? It had got pretty ugly in recent years, what
> >could
> > > the elements of a lasting peace and reconciliation for the
TMorg
> > > with its meditators?
>
> The defining terms of the TMorg guidelines are still the same,
>that
> people must `sever all connection with other saints to
> participate'.  That people sever all other spiritual practices of
> other saints and that people never reestablish a connection with
> other saints or the spiritual practices of other saints.  That
> people must put this all in writing to join.

Jeanne "ShivaMa' wrote a terrific letter to MMY through Hagelin'
contact.  It was a good letter which in the end asked these things:
1)Give a Dome Badge to Whomsoever asks for one…  2. Require only
this: that while one is in the Dome, they only do the prescribed
Dome Program…  3 That everyone's personal choices regarding
Spiritual Matters remain their own and are totally respected.  4.
That a soul's choice of a "Personal Guru" is not forced upon them….
5 That the Movement (Tmorg) is big enough to embrace all saints as
one expression of the same divinity.

It is a good letter that is comprehensive of the problem.  I will
try to get a whole digital version from Jeanne Shivama for general
reading.  In a way, she was the perfect person for all of Fairfield
to go through the application process and smoke it out.

Jai Guru Dev,
-Doug in FF

> The personal interpretation of the administration (Jeff Cohen) is
> that "M feels disappointed and that it is a betrayal of everything
> he has given people", that it was never a guideline that "all sins
> are forgiven" or to "forgive and forget" about people seeing other
> spiritual saints.  "But that from this moment the guidelines hold".
>

> With the Tmorg, that regardless as MMY was saying when
> asked, `forgive and forget' or the notion that  "all sins are
> forgiven" got about, that these are not the guidelines for doing
the
> group meditation program with the TMorg.  "From this moment on the
> guidelines hold"… as Jeff Cohen directly explained to Jeannie Ryan
> who they accuse of being an Ammachi devotee.  An irony if you knew
> Jeannie is that she is not a `devotee' of Ammachi.  Regardless,
> Jeannie was denied acceptance and entry to the dome group
meditation
> on campus on these terms and interpretation.  That is the status
> quo.  It was a sad day in FF.
>
> JGD,
> -Doug in FF
>

> > Word on the street
> >
>  Evidently they (the TMOrg) are unchanged and intransient in their
>  positions, methods and ways.  Unrepentant they are back to their
>  ways of insisting that people recant their visits with the saints
>  and also sign contracts, pledging to never be associated with or
> see
>  the saints etc..  to be able to also meditate in the group
> > meditations.
> >
> > "forgive and forget" was evidently a feel-good myth as ploy to
> have
> > people come in to register.
> >
> > For instance, ask Jeannie Ryan about her experience getting
vetted
> > this week for registration for the dome meditation program.
>

> > Advice from real peace-mediators who go in to torn communities
> > help moderate peace between people, one of the first things they
> try
> > to do is to get a ceasefire at least between parties.  There are
> > other sequential steps in the process too.  Contrition?  The
Tmorg
> > is not even close to even a ceasefire with its meditating
> community.
> >

> > > For instance, while Ammachi visited FF this last month (July
> 06),
> > > thousands did come out of the woodwork here to see her.  The
> > > meetings became like a Kumla-Mela of the old FF TM meditating
> > > community here.  All kinds of lit good people coming out of
the
> > > countryside here.  With the first two meetings Amma gave
darshan
> > > about 4000 people here.  A lot of those people were
Fairfudlian
> TM
> > > people and their families.  Then there was the next day and
> night
> > > program too.  Possibly about 6000 darshans in total.
> > >
> > >   Was interesting to see there were a lot more TM people
`coming
> > > out' this year with so many TM people now  having been
generally
> > `de-
> > > certified' and also with MUM & MSAE faculty and staff being
`let
> > go'
> > > in recent years.   Showed a lot of meditators in the community
> > > unattached and un-beholden to MMY or the TMorg.
> > >
> > > That simply is, the state of the status quo in FF for the
> TMOrg.
> > >
> > > It still leaves the practical questions:  Reconciling the
> numbers,
> > > what would the TMOrg need do, to reconcile
> > > with its people? It had got pretty ugly in recent years, what
> could
> > > the elements of a lasting peace and reconciliation for the
TMorg
> be
> > > with its meditators?
> > >
> > > -Doug in FF