<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> "Really has a lot to do with not knowing what you're doing and using
> people as guinea pigs.
>
> In traditional yogic flying, the entire first stage is from a
> standing, bent-knee position and done as a step/jump kinda thing.
> Instead of injuring one, it builds strength, stamina and numeorus
> yogic benefits."
>
> Very interesting.  It sounds more like martial arts movements.

Are you familiar with the DVD The Yogis of Tibet? Also, there is a
VHS of Lama Surya Das teaching the beginning stages of the Tibetan
form of "yogic" flying that can be seen on the DVD. Surya Das' tape
does neither him nor the actual technique any justice, unfortunately.

Mahesh had sent people to India to try to find out what yogis and
such knew about the siddhis described in the Yoga Sutras. Apparently
he got a lot of misinformation or disinformation. -- But it made his
rich, so it did not really matter whether or not it was right or
wrong, like the guy saying his mantra backwards and having visions of
demons.

As a friend in California likes to say "it's all about the money,
honey."

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Vaj <vajranatha@> wrote:
> >

> > On Aug 6, 2006, at 10:01 AM, markmeredith2002 wrote:
> >
> > > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "curtisdeltablues"
Emerald