<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I think a lot of the points against the book are valid.  The book
> still rocks.  It is popular psychology for the layman.

(Er, there's no such thing as popular psychology
for experts.  Popular psychology is for people
who don't know enough about psychology to realize
they're being bullshitted.)

The New York Times reviewer wrote:

"Despite the alarmist appeals of Martha Stout, a practicing
psychologist and an instructor in the psychiatry department at
Harvard Medical School, readers are unlikely to set down 'The
Sociopath Next Door' with a new awareness of a previously unrealized
threat. Instead, they're apt to feel a new awareness of the ludicrous
nature of pop psychology."

But not, apparently, in your case.