> --- Rick Archer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > on 8/6/06 6:15 PM, markmeredith2002 at
> > [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> > >
> > > I feel the need to point out the cowhig, dector
> > and wilson raised and
> > > lost millions and millions of $$ from gullible
> > sidhas for their
> > > "governors" business.  Really poor ethics from
> > what I saw.
> >
> > I know one guy who ³invested² his whole inheritance
> > ­ over $300K. Now he¹s
> > broke.
>
> In defense of these guys, they had to comply with US
> law and disclose the extreme risk of their venture
> capital venture, yes? It wasn't like they conned
> people or anything. If I remember correctly they had
> some sort of a oil from shale proposal. If Ru
> investors weren't so naive and believed in "support of
> nature" regardless of the soundness of the business
> plan maybe they wouldn't have lost their money. Now,
> if the partners touted the
> "I'm-a-ru-and-in-tune-with-natural-law-and-can't-make-a-mistake"
> angle then that would be pretty bad.

Yes I'm sure the investment documents contained the appropriate legal
language and final responsibility rests with the investors.  I never
got a sales call so I don't exactly how much they played up their
closeness to MMY and resulting "support of nature", but in talking
with ffld rus who invested that was clearly their reason for doing so.

So I agree with you, but I also suspect it was a tmo-ish operation in
which 90% of the energy goes into the marketing and 10% into ensuring
a successful product, and being in the investment business I have a
special dislike for investment brokers who get big commissions while
their clients go broke.