> on 8/12/06 7:51 AM, authfriend at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
>
> > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com <mailto:FairfieldLife%
40yahoogroups.com>

> > Or, that he has a handle on the truth about the
> > nature and mechanics of consciousness.
> >
> > "Absolute Truth" is often a weasel phrase in this
> > context designed to load the argument.
> >
> Another way of putting it would be that he does have a handle on
> Absolute Truth, but that that doesn¹t qualify him as an authority
> on all matters of relative truth.

I'm not sure what having "a handle on Absolute Truth"
even means, actually.

I'd say instead that having a handle on the truth about
the nature and mechanics of consciousness doesn't qualify
him as an authority on all matters of relative truth.

How does any of this apply to a TM-Sidhis practitioner
referring to hopping as "levitation" while being aware
that hopping isn't actually levitating in the standard
sense of the term?