> on 8/12/06 8:27 AM, authfriend at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
>
> > How does any of this apply to a TM-Sidhis practitioner
> > referring to hopping as "levitation" while being aware
> > that hopping isn't actually levitating in the standard
> > sense of the term?
> >
> ³Maharishi sez² it¹s levitation. On the Merv Griffin show and
> elsewhere, he refers to hopping as being something that verifies
> meditators¹ command over the laws of nature.

In the first place, that falls into the "handle on
the nature and mechanics of consciousness" category,
not the "Absolute Truth" category.

In the second place, you ignored the context, which
I included in the "while being aware" part of my
question.

Bill had claimed his former GF was "absolutely
convinced" she was levitating, which makes her
sound ipso facto delusional, believing she was
hovering in the air when she in fact was only
hopping.

Believing, on the other hand, that hopping with
the Yogic Flying sutra verifies that one has
command over the laws of nature is not *ipso
facto* delusional, however unlikely one thinks
such a belief may be.  It's possible (if
unfalsifiable) that the nature and mechanics of
consciousness are such that the mechanism of
hopping with the Yogic Flying sutra involves
some degree of control over the law of gravity.

To call such a belief delusional would therefore
be just an opinion, whereas the conviction that
one is hovering when one is actually only hopping
would be delusional as a matter of fact.

This is a subtle but by no means insignificant
distinction; to deliberately blur it constitutes
an attempt to load the argument, as I said to
start with.

Were you ever convinced you were actually hovering
in the air when you were only hopping?  Or were
you simply using the term "levitate" to refer to
the immediate physical effects of practicing the
Yogic Flying sutra, i.e., hopping?