--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Bill (William)Simmons"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Just over two years Peter.
>
> A great woman, I adored her and still do. When she was peaceful she
> was like an angel. But then out of nowhere. Actually it was usually
> day or two after we had done something really nice together,,,that
> this demon side appearred and all hell would break loose. It was as
if
> a part of her couldn't handle being happy she needed to return to
> chaos.
>
> She would reffer to her meditation experiencing as achieving comsic
> orgasms,,,I thought to myself oh great what is this a form of
> mental masterbation.
>
> I actually observed her once while she was meditating. At age 50th
> in my eyes she's the most beautiful woman in the world. But on that
> afternoon while in her trance her face look distorted hagard and
> old. It was almost frightening and it left me wondering just how
> much joy and bliss could she have possibly be feeling.

(I can't resist observing that people's faces
tend to get *very* distorted when they're in the
middle of an orgasm...)

What MMY teaches, incidentally, is that experiences
during meditation, bad or good, are not particularly
important.  What's important is the effects in daily
life.

If your GF was meditating only for the experiences
during practice, she may actually not have been
meditating correctly--and that can have *negative*
effects in daily life.

> I've been in emergency services for 30 years Peter and have a great
> deal of patience with people and so I really tried to be patient
> with her but finally and again out of the blue she a
> announced "Maharishi says we need to be celibate in order to
> channel all our energies to our higher spiritual intellect."

Uh-oh...

> That's when I finally had even enough and said something like,,,Oh
> sure Maharishi says everyone should be celibate but
> him,,,,reffering to a years ago comment by the beatles calling him
> a lecherous womaniser. I know it was the wrong thing to say and the
> conversation went down hill from there to include He's a liar a
> cheat and a fraud." Thought I was going to have to call 911 myself
> for backup.

Look, not to lay blame here, but did you ever consider
the possibility that there were some problems with your
sexual relationship, that what she was telling you was
the equivalent of "Not now, dear, I have a headache"?

I can imagine that if I had been you, I'd have felt
felt insulted and demeaned and might have struck back
in anger.

What I'm trying to get at is that it sounds to me as
though you're assigning *all* the problems with your
relationship to her commitment to TM and MMY, when in
fact there's a mixture of *different* issues, not all
of them necessarily hers.

>From your description of her, though, it also sounds to
me as though her issues are pretty extreme, and that
she needs some professional help.  I doubt you'd be
likely to convince her she needs that help in any case,
but almost *certainly* not as long as you hold onto
your unrelievedly negative views of TM.

You're the more rational party at this point.  If you
really strongly want to be able to help her, it seems
to me, you need to acquire a more balanced view of TM
so you have a better idea of where she's coming from.
I don't have a lot of hope that you'll be successful,
but your coming to this forum suggests you still have
some motivation, that you're unwilling to just let it
end here.