--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Bill (William)Simmons"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Thank you gerbal88
>
> She often said to me,,,"Why are you with me, I have nothing to
offer.

> I always found that to be a very said reflection of ones self
worth.
> And yet she claims to be on such a high spiritual path. She feels
> she is superior spiritually because she is a TM'er.

Hi, Bill -- TM is based on two profoundly subtle deceptions, that the
mantra and the method of using the mantra enables one to experience
the absolute or source of thought.

This is simply deceitful on Mahesh's part. Since he himself proclaims
that the mantra is a meaningless sound (another of his lies, since he
said at the very beginning of his "mission" that 'we select the names
of gods to bring us specific good things' [a paraphrase, see Beacon
LIght of the Himalayas for his actual words] -- but in the same
speech he also said "any word will do").

But where does a meaningless sound take us? To meaninglessness, of
course, daydreaming on a grand scale. And when we discover we
are "off" the mantra, off on some meaningless daydream, we begin to
have a thought of the manta just as effortlessly as we noticed we
were drifting about. This takes us to more profound phantasmagorical
an aspecific daydreaming.

The person verifying the correctness of our meditatio asks: did you
notice some moments when there was no mantra and no thought.

Oh, yes, we remember that.

No thought? Just what? Limbo? No thought/no mantra is not clarity of
thought. If we only remember that it happened but were not awake when
it happened, weren't aware of it happening, I don't think
contemporary psych schools of thought will find this a particularly
good thing.

Maybe just TM twice a day for a max of twenty minutes is a reasonably
decent break from the daily grind. Lots of folks found this useful.
But when Mahesh started adding his alarmest thinking (we have to
avert nuclear war, etc. see http://www.skepticfiles.org/new/tm17.htm)
and when he started selling more and more latest greatest surefire
thing to end the latest crisis and for sure this time bring about
enlightenment, well, sensible people started to wonder.