On Aug 12, 2006, at 7:54 PM, authfriend wrote:

I thought you didn't get his posts.

I read them in *your* posts and those of others, Judy, geez--don't you read your own posts? How am I supposed to avoid them there? Stop quoting him and there would be a lot less of a problem.

Or do you only get the ones you can
contradict?
Yeah, that's the ticket...pull another of your let's-start-an-argument stunts.

It says there's a *lot* of exceptions, actually.
Turns out to be nowhere near as draconian as we
had been imagining.

Which was not the main issue, of course--the cultural preference for girls was, and it's *especially* noticeable in many rural areas, in which apparently somewhat larger families are allowed. Even so, in many villages boys still outnumber girls supposedly by 4 to 1.

In any case, you seem not to have received
either of the two posts in which he acknowledged
he had been mistaken about the policy being
abandoned.

One good reason not to killfile people, BTW.
You can end up with a lot of egg on your face.

Somehow I'll manage to live with it.