--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Peter <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> --- "Bill (William)Simmons" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> wrote:
>
> > Of course the larger the number the better in
> > studies worth any
> > serious consideration.
> >
> > However,
> >
> > Fairfield itself offers an amazing case study.
> > Because of the length
> > of time factor of the study group.
> >
> > 1. There would have been a crime rate prior to TM's
> > introduction into
> > the community and should be verifable through past
> > public/police/court records.
> >
> > 2. Then the introduction of TM and its organization
> > to the community.
> >
> > 3. And a 30 year study period in which the crime
> > rate could be
> > tracted along with the steady growth of practising
> > meditators.
> >
> > To my way of thinking. Thirty years of meditations
> > by a steadily
> > increasing population of meditators (far exceeding
> > the 1% cl;aimed
> > necessary to reverse rising crime rates) must result
> > in a reduction
> > in Fairfield's crime rates or the whole ME therory
> > is disproved.
> >
> > Has Fairfield itself ever been the subject of such a
> > study. If
> > not,,,why not!!! How many crimminal offenses were
> > reported in
> > Fairfield in the year TM meditators began in
> > Fairfield and how many
> > reported offenses occured say last year?  The trends
> > should point to
> > a declining crime rate given the significant number
> > of meditators in
> > the community.
>
> Based on the theory of the ME you are absolutely
> correct. If the TMO/MUM was serious about
> understanding the field effects of consciousness they
> would have to understand why the ME does not appear to
> work in Fairfield and expand the ME theory to
> integrate this apparent contradiction.

How exceedingly odd that you deleted Lawson's
detailed explanation of why the ME does not appear
to work in Fairfield, and then claimed there wasn't
any.

I can understand why Bill's response to what Lawson
wrote completely ignores Lawson's explanation as if
it had never existed, but I'm baffled that you would
do the same thing, Peter.

 They don't do
> this because the purpose of the the ME is political,
> not scientific. It is bandied about not in the spirit
> of understanding, but solely to promote TM. That's all
> MMY wanted to use it for, which is fine, but let's
> stop pretending we're interested in it for scientific
> reasons.

Oh, so that's the reason you pretended Lawson hadn't
provided an explanation.  *You're* not interested in
the ME for scientific reasons.