> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, gerbal88 <no_reply@> wrote:
> >
> <snip>
> > No, but Mahesh is incredibly narcissistic: his name on
everything,
> [...]
> us,
> > go in the direction of more and more.
> >
> > Check the PDF Stripping the Gurus in the MishMash Effect I posted
> in
> > the TMO the Odd Side Files.
> >
> > I still have the photos of me dressed up like the various
> personages
> > in the "holy tradition". Hari, Mahesh's cook, helped me do the
> sari
> > type drapery. I did it for Susan Shumsky who was going to make a
> > painting of the HT for Mahesh. She was an accomplished
> > watercolourist. Hers is certainly NOT the painting we see behind
> > Mahesh in Vlodrop.
> >
> > > Your point about the money is well taken.  Since he moved into
> real
> > > estate as the main wealth producer it became important to have
> > core
> > > of followers who would do anything for him as his properties
> > > appreciated.  So pushing them to accept Bob Lapinto, stock
> broker as
> > > DC Raja is part of the testing the limits game.  He hasn't
found
> any
> > > limits yet has he?
> >
> > I think that's part of the joke: testing the limits, pushing the
> > envelope.
> >
> > How he does it is part of the theroy I am trying to work out The
> TM
> > Effect. You see smidgens of it in Beacon Light. He must have been
> > very familiar with the dissociative effects of japa because he
> talked
> > about it at my TTC. He said the mind just gets exhausted and
drops
> > into the transcendent. Bullshit. It's what he later discovered he
> > could do with rounding: you experienced so much
> > daydreaming/dissociative separation from yourself (to be
redundant
> > about the whole thing) that you'd accept anything as truth,
> gospel,
> > prime directive if he said it.
> >
> > The Beatle who said "... you're so cosmic" certainly was onto
> > something. Just like Mahesh said again and again at my TTC: the
> actor
> > can play god better than god. -- He could do the cosmic thing
like
> > nobody's business and it feathered his nest, ripped off the
> faithful,
> > sent many into debt out of which they will never get. All for
> > what? "Forgive my little joke on thee and go to hell."
> >

> It sounds as if you were an amazingly naive individual to have
> completely lost yourself under Maharishi's spell awhile back-
> dressing up for him? Believing everything he said, hook, line and
> sinker, apparently applying NO critical thinking whatsoever to that
> which you were hearing...?
>
> I only hope you are past that soon, and can resolve your very
bitter
> aftertaste of such experiences, and begin to live a more balanced

Not sure who's naive here, Jim. I did it for Susan. Only she and Hari
and I knew about it (until today); Mahesh had no idea; it was Susan's
idea.

I didn't fall hook line and whatever you said for Mahesh at all. I
had had a glimpse of his malicious side on my TTC, so when he invited
me to be part of International Staff (I have no idea why), I simply
kept track of his little doings, shall we say.

But many were so devoted that they would have kiss the Weasel's feet
if he'd have let them get close enough. He could manipulate people
with consumate skill. One really had to admire the miserable criminal
for his skill. If you had what he wanted, he soon got it.

I have no idea what he got from me; as anyone can see, I can barely
type. Yet, at one point he asked me to do his private letters. I
simply found out more about what a fool he took everyone to be.

But naive was in abundance. He was surrounded by people who would
have eaten his shit given the chance. What a circus. Not happy
memories, necessarily, but interesting ones.

How'd he turn a respected scientist like Hagelin into what he is
today? TM, dissociation, The TM Effect, cooing, like P. G. Wodehouse
said, like a dove cooing to another dove from whom it hoped to borrow
money. -- of course, the dove had to be so stoned on TM that he's
simply do as told, be a good little zombie and so one.

tanks for da memoreez