I certainly agree with Doug that most of the messages in this forum
have nothing to do with the TMO, and I think that most of what
sparaig, authfriend, and some others post is total drivel.

However, I am against censorship of these people in the forum. [The
other extreme to what is happening here can be seen in Fairfield
Community Kiosk, where everything must go through Sharalyn Harris
(who used to post to this group), and then she decides if it should
be posted or not.  Of course, no self-respecting adult would go
along with this, so the result is that 95% of the posts on the group
are by her; her posts are almost all announcements freely available
in many other places and the remaining 5% of postings are
announcements from others, and there is no discussion of any kind. ]

My solution (i.e. what I do) is to look at the posts on the FFL web
page, and simply decide by looking at the title or author of the
posts if I want to check them out. Usually, this will result in me
ignoring about 90% of the posts, but it is not a big deal.  It is
like going out into a city street and focusing on what you want, and
ignoring the rest.

--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "chaim_laib" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> Doug
>
> Thank you SOOOOOOOOOOOO much for saying this.
>
> This group, FFLife, is essentially nearly meaningles.
>
> A few people have come over from alt.med.transcendental and have
> clogged it with hundreds of worthless posts on a daily basis,
nearly
> none of which have anything at all to do with either Fairfield, TM,
> consciousness, or anything related. That is not to put the blame
> totally on them, but a lot of it is them. I won't mention names.
You
> can view the list of names either on the website or in your email
boxes.

> Some of what is posted here is consciousness/TM related.  But most
of
> it is completely inane and pointless on this forum.
>
> I have often wished I could simply delete this entire group and
let it
> start over and to limit the conversation to meaningful FFLIfe
materal.
> And to limit the seeming worthless drivel that some, like sparaig,
> contribute here. It's a constant barrage of one line emails,
sometimes
> as many as 30 in a row.  Maybe he does have some good things to
say,
> but he says so many things that eventually he gets ignored by most
> people lurking.
>
> IMO, it would be better to have far fewer posts, like hundreds
less,
> and have the posts that are made be meaningful. We used to have a
> couple of handfuls or so of posts per day and the content was
limited.
> It was much more meaningful.
>
> Yes, I know Judy, in particular, will have sa lot to say about
this.

> But for those people who have posted here and been members years
ago,
> will know exactly what is meant.
>
> Thanks for saying this Doug, GREATLY appreciated.
>
> CL
>

> Nearly every single worthwhile poster has fled the group, and
>

> I have lurked on this site for years, and have seen ti
>

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "dhamiltony2k5"
> <dhamiltony2k5@> wrote:
> >
> > Did i miss something? Ah, what the hell does the Jonbenet murder
> > have to do with FFL?
> >
> > May be that point here comes close to FF or FFL, about habeaus
> > corpus.  An editor of a FF newspaper then (19th century) was
> > arrested, sent off to prison in the DC area and NY and later
> > released in that late civil disturbence of the rebellion.  The
guy
> > probably deserved it. Lincoln was wise in that and skated a
line.
> > Liberty and Union afterall.
> >
> > But really, what does the Jonbenet murder have to do with FF and
> > FFL?  A little more explicit intellectual work and writing on
the
> > part of posters?  Are there other groups for this other stuff?
> >
> > Rick Archer seems too damn permissive and liberal as owner and
> > moderator of FFL and should kick some of these imposters off of
FFL