--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "jyouells2000" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Rick Archer groups@ wrote:

> Guru
> set up
> in 3
> > > >
> > > This worked pretty well for ATRs, etc., because TMers had
> unstructured lives
> > > and could change directions pretty fast. But the same tactic was
> applied to
> > > scientific symposiums the movement would set up. Professionals
> accustomed to
> > > scheduling their lives a year ahead were invited to these things
> with a few
> > > weeks notice or less. And most were flops. One time a mayor¹s
> conference was
> > > organized like this in Arosa. All the world¹s mayors were
> invited. Only the
> > > Mayor of Winnepeg showed up. He had really had to pull some
strings
> to get
> > > approval to come. He freaked when he realized no one else had
come.
> The
> > > first thing he did was ask for a drink. Maharishi saved the day
by
> giving
> > > him tons of attention and somehow, he went away happy.
> > >

> > Support of nature? Was the conference meant for the potential
> participants, or to give the
> > organizers something to do?
> >

> There, this shows how easy any action can be rationalized.
>
> JohnY

Or diverted back to TM-speak, something nice, safe, meaningless and
sure to stop any further thought on the matter. *When doubt arises,
stop thinking* would seem to be the fundamentlist lunatic's answer to
whenever might go against whatever the current version of the
supposed purity of the teaching might be.