(snip)

> >" YOU turned that into "hatred," "jealousy," "envy,"
> > > and an attempt to "crucify" Maharishi. Clearly,
> > > you seem to believe that all of these descriptions
> > > apply to anyone who doesn't believe that Maharishi
> > > is enlightened. Doesn't that strike you as a bit
> > > drastic and...uh...cult-like?
> > >
> > > I'm beginning to understand how you can justify
> > > nuking the people of Iran. You must be "reading
> > > between the lines" with regard to them, too.  :-)"

When I used the word 'crucify', I meant it in the context in which it
is used in "A Course in Miracles";
Where the word crucify signifies 'attack thoughts' or thoughts
originated from the ego; much of 'A course in Miracles', addresses
this issue.
But in reality, the crucifixion is a powerful symbol as we know;
As it is used in mostly all the churches of Christianity.
Everywhere you go, there you see, the crucifixion, statues of torture.
So, is Christianity a cult also, by your definition?
That we have to be tortured to get to Heaven?

And isn't it the same in the Islamic world; in the cult of Iran?
Can we see how these two cults could clash and destroy much of
humanity? Like crucifying each other...
Much like the cult of the Third Reich did a half century ago.
Many millions died; hard to imagine, I used to think;
How could that have happened; how can people be so stupid...
How soon we repeat what we don't learn.
So, sure this Christian cult, and this Islamic cult;
Can decide to annihilate each other in the name of God.
I would tend to fear these larger cults, of religious nationalism,
wouldn't you?
Because:
"Nobody's is right, if everybody's wrong"
 R.G.