In a message dated 9/9/06 4:26:36 P.M. Central Daylight Time, [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

CBS I'm sure, made a business decision. They were
> about to offend an entire nation, one that had voted Ronald
Reagan, America's
> most popular president

Amazing. Eighteen percent of those polled said
he was most popular in 2001, behind Lincoln and
JFK.

In 2003, Reagan was fourth most popular, named by
10 percent, behind Lincoln, JFK, and Clinton.

Clinton's highest approval rating was 71. Reagan's
was 68.

When he left office, Reagan's approval ratings were
between 63 and 51. Clinton's were between 65 and 66.

Reagan's average approval rating while in office was
52 percent. Clinton's was 55 percent.

by having No one other than Barbara Streisand's hubby
> play the main role among other conflicts of interest. CBS didn't
want to
> risk it. As for Disney, who gives a crap what they put out or
don't put out. For
> them it's business also. Your three examples can't begin to
balance decades
> of abuse.

You should have resisted the temptation to rise to
the bait.

Mind-boggling. This is what a *real* True Believer
looks like.

BBC NEWS | Americas | Reagan voted 'greatest American'  Quite frankly I remember the program this television poll was based on and remember voting in it. Another consideration CBS made when deciding to pull the Ronald Reagan movie was the fact that it was full of personal attacks against the man and he was on his death bed unable to defend himself. This was the main reason for the public out cry against the movie, Where as the ABC  movie The Path to 911 deals with Clinton policy. By the way, as I recall Clinton never got or just barely got 50 % of the total vote cast in either of his elections where as Reagan was elected by very strong margins each time.