> > > BTW, yu never answered my question about what car your
> > > neighbor's kids are using to learn to drive with in
> > > the UK?
> >
> > I don't know and I don't care.
>
> Answer: they must drive a car with "L" on the license plate
> to show there's a learner and
> must have a UK registered driver (not someone with an EU
> license) sitting beside them at
> all times. If your neighbor doesn't have such a car, they
> almost certainly are learning from
> a professional instructor on a regular british-drive car,
> so the issue of keeping track of
> which hand drive is which  is far less difficult than it
> would be otherwise.
>
> > > How old are your neighbor's kids, BTW?
> >
> > I don't know and I don't care. Approaching the
> > minimum legal driving age, one would assume.
>
> That would be age 17 in order to sit behind the wheel unless
> they meet special requirements.
>
> > Are you still trying to claim that people are
> > too stupid to learn two different procedures at
> > the same time? If so, I will graciously end the
> > debate by admitting that I feel it is *completely*
> > possible that YOU are too stupid to learn two
> > different procedures at once. There. Debate over. :-)
>
> I'm starting to wonder if you have ever driven a car
> in England at all...

Look, dude...I *get it* that with all your OCD
and attachments and inability to change that it
was HARD for you to learn to drive in England.
I feel for you. But it really wasn't that hard
for most people who've done it. They're more
normal, and can learn many different things at
once. It would seem that you can't.

Let it go. The whole thing was a really dumb
analogy thought up to support why Maharishi
treats his students like children, and brow-
beats them with a dogma that says it's
"dangerous" for them to read books from or
see teachers from other spiritual traditions.

I *understand* that you are comfortable with
this, and *like* being treated like a child.
Your obvious problem with learning a simple
thing like driving on the other side of the
road indicates WHY you may feel this way. Being
treated like a child enables you to feel "safe,"
and "taken care of."

Cool. May you feel as safe as you want to. Others
of us prefer being treated like adults, and being
able to read what we want and learn what we want
from whoever we want. We don't run on the F.E.A.R.
operating system the way you seem to.

So there's a place for each of us in the universe.
You can stick with the TMO, and do what you've
been told to do, and the rest of us can live like
adults and make our own decisions about things.

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: