> wrote:
> >
> > Again, I'm no fan of O'Reilly but I can understand why you're
> > a fan of Franken's: like you, he likes to call people liars.
>
> Unless, of course, the person who was lying was
> Maharishi. Then she comes up with a way to say,
> "He wasn't 'lying' per se."

"Certainly it's deceptive on its own terms....He
should just have said he'd rather not get into
specifics and left it at that."

I did say he wasn't lying per se, but Barry carefully
omits the *context*:

"MMY surely knew Frost was asking specifically about
mantras as used in TM....If confronted, he could have
claimed to have understood Frost's questions to be
general rather than specific. In that context, his
replies were perfectly accurate, so he wasn't 'lying'
per se."

Sorry, Barry, but there isn't any wiggle room for
you here.

> This is the True Believer approach to "truth."
>
> :-)

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: