--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "shempmcgurk"

<shempmcgurk@>
> > wrote:
> > snip
> > >
> > > There are 6 billion people in the world.  about 5 billion of
> them
> > > are below the U.S. defined poverty line.
> >
> > ROFL - a lot of those are in the US. US has a lot of poverty. It
> is
> > rampant.
>

> Being below the U.S. poverty line does NOT equal poverty...it is a
> relative measurement.
>
> There is zero poverty in the U.S.
>

> > > I would bet you that if given the chance virtually 90% of
those
> 5
> > > billion and about 50% of the other 1 billion would, indeed,
come
> > > the U.S. if given the chance.>>
> >

> > You have never travelled much have you. Most people are not
> interested.
>

> I've travelled enough to have seen real poverty and to know that
no
> such poverty exists in the U.S.
>
> And it is an extreme insult to the real poor of the world to claim
> that our fat, bloated "poor" with their TVs, MacDonald's 5,000
> calories-a-day diets, and designer sneakers are poor.

Bullshit.
I have never seen poverty in Europe like there is in the US.
You are living in cloud cuckoo land.
There are many millions of people in the US that have poverty level
jobs and if they die on the job due to an accident, then the company
just gets another replacement and sends the body home. Then they get
a replacment and do not train him/her, then he gets injured or
killed and then they get another free replacement person. You could
not get away with this on the same level in India....except if you
are a big US faceless company there (Bopal). And you should see what
your oil companies do in Nigeria (Europeans also ). Shempgurk you
have your head in the sand just like the almost extinct rednecked
osterich.

OffWorld

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional