In a message dated 9/17/06 7:36:10 A.M. Central Daylight Time, [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
they cared anything about these people in Third World
countries, Americans wouldn't have allowed their leaders
to have treated them the way they have, for decades now.
But they clearly *didn't* care, and still don't, because
they have done nothing to remove the leaders who treat
the Arab world the way they do.
Ummm, we overthrew the Taliban and established a democracy for the people and continue to stay there to stabilize Afghanistan. The only thing Afghanistan has ever offered the world are drugs and terrorism yet we sacrifice or soldiers and our resources to help those people have a better way of life. We also overthrew Saddam, one of these leaders, who treats the Arab world the way they do and have established a democracy there as well in which over 12 million people have voted in. We also continue to pursue this goal of a democracy for these people with American resources and lives so that they can work out their own differences, reconcile with one another and join the rest of the civilized world and one day leave violence behind and enjoy their own prosperity. Unfortunately, there are many who say they aren't evolved enough to handle democracy and need a Saddam or that we have no business helping these people get rid of their dictators that steel their wealth  that pours into their nations by the hundreds of billions of dollars. The same also say it's too costly or lets just do what we can to get along so we can do business and keep the oil flowing as cheaply as we can. <No, not everybody wants to keep the third world nations impoverished and under the thumbs of dictators, just some.