--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, new.morning <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

wrote:

> > If you worked on National or International staff this
> > type of behavior was quite common. We posted alot
> > about it several years ago. My little adventure was
> > with National in DC when we were fixing-up the hotel
> > on Purusha and I was in charge of housekeeping. I was
> > in on the meeting when two people on national staff
> > tricked a vaccum cleaner salesman into lending us
> > about a dozen very high-end commercial vaccum cleaners
> > ($1000.00 each) for the weekend. They essentially told
> > him they were going to buy the vaccum cleaners but
> > they had absolutely no intention of doing so. We used
> > them for about 72 hours straight. They got very
> > trashed and banged-up and then on Monday he came to
> > collect his check and was told that we weren't
> > interested in buying them. I was livid but the two
> > National Staff guys told me to calm down. Real sleaze
> > bag ethics. The TMO, behaind the scenes is replete
> > with deception. And of course that grand daddy of them
> > all: THE PUNDIT PROJECTS!!! Not one f*cking cent has
> > gone towards bringing pundits to the US. Rationalize
> > and double speak all you want, but it an outright con
> > job orchestrated by MMY.
>

> TMO sleazy, or in some cases simply hardball business methods (not
> crime, and done by many businesses -- MMY was a very hard and
creative
> negotiator -- a postive trait in many businesses) is quite a
different
> thing from what TM / SIMS teachers were taught to do when
teaching.

> The latter is what I understand is the issue. Becasue MMY
negotiated
> hard for hotels and vegetables (some funny stories), and later some
> real deceit  and scams occurred on the organizational / Int'l
levels,
> is not support for the assertion that SIMS teachers were
> systematically taught how to lie in their teaching  intro courses.

I tend to agree. While I too find much to fault the TMO about, I was
personally never lied to about TM or the TM-Sidhis, and they were
true to their word about my TM-Sidhis credit in 1979-80-- I worked
for the TMO for six months, was given the full CIC, worked another
six months for the TMO, and that was it.

As for all the questions I could've asked about mantras, etc., my
first experience with TM and subsequent practice was rewarding
enough that I didn't concern myself with esoterica (e.g. how many
mantras are there? Where does the tradition come from?). I just
plain didn't care. After all a tradition, any tradition, is just a
long-term habit.

As for the deceit and arrogance and stuff about the TMO, I always
stayed away from it once I was exposed to it. Something I think a
lot of the disenchanted ex teachers here didn't do was to take
responsibility for themselves when they became aware that either the
TMO or Maharishi was discovered to go against their ethics, values
or principles.

I did, and so don't have to wallow in all of these recriminations
decades later. Even if I didn't understand the particular behavior,
I've always been intuitive enough so that if it 'smelled' bad, I
stayed away.

I would suggest that instead of continuing to rehash these old
stories about how X said Y but did Z, it is far easier to admit our
mistakes, lack of insight, whatever, and...move on.

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: