--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, off_world_beings <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "shempmcgurk" <shempmcgurk@>
> wrote:
> > >
> > > Off.world posted a link to a 4-minute home-made video made by a 20-
> > > year-old girl in California that is on youtube.
> > >
> > > Well, I'm addicted.  I've seen it now about 10 times and will go
> back
> > > for more.
> > >
> > > You must see it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f-JbSj9L6YE&NR
> > >

> > Bah, there are plenty of videos of MUCH higher quality out there.>>>
>
> It is precisely because it is not polished and high quality which
> makes it better than that kind of thing. It is hard to explain why,
> but it is VERY important that the video I posted is exactly the way it
> is...rough, amateur, and niave.

The CGSociety URL I gave contains videos from all levels: commercial,
professional,
student, rank amaeteur. Not all the cmmoercial ones got 5 star and someof the
rank-
amateur ones did.

BTW, I'm willing to bet that the video you cited was inspired by the Bugrom
video. It's quite
famous amongst anime viewers, which this girl obviously is.

And even "rough, amateur and naive" can have differing levels of sophistication
and
production quality.

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional