> sparaig wrote:
>
> >--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Bhairitu <noozguru@> wrote:
> >[...]
> >

> >>Be sure to read the "Some Useful Hints" section.
> >>

> >Well, hmmmm...
> >
> >"Sit on Padma or Siddha Asana. Close the eyes. Concentrate the gaze on the
> >Trikuti
(space
> >between the two eyebrows). Now, chant Dhirga Pranava (long OM) forcibly for
> >five
minutes.
> >This will remove Vikshepa or tossing of the mind. Concentration will ensue.
> >Now
repeat
> >OM mentally with Brahma-Bhavana. Whenever the mind begins to wander, again
> >chant
OM
> >verbally. As soon as the mind gets calm, mentally repeat OM again. The same
> >process
can
> >be adopted for Saguna meditation also."
> >

> It's disingenuous of you to just focus on the other techniques Sivananda
> gives that are not TM like.   Sivananda gives plenty of tips on
> meditation that ARE TM-like.   Point is Maharishi did not invent the TM
> meditation process.  It's been around for ages.  Sorry to spoil your
> delusion.  Get over it.

Sorry, Didn't appear to make distinctions between one technique and the next.

> >Not to mention, hmmmm....
> >
> >"In the beginning, when you are a neophyte, you can close your eyes to
> >remove the
> >distraction of mind, as you are very weak. But, later on, you must meditate
> >with eyes
open,
> >even during walking. You must keep your balance of mind even when you are in
> >the
bustle
> >of a city. Then only you are perfect. Why do you close your eyes during
> >meditation?
Open
> >your eyes and meditate. Think strongly that the world is unreal, that there
> >is no world,
that
> >there is Atman only. If you can meditate on Atman even when the eyes are
> >open, you
will
> >be a strong man. You will not be easily disturbed."
> >
> So?   Meditating with the eyes open is a valid technique.  We teach that
> too.  It is not a part of TM but there are plenty of paragraphs in
> Sivananda's work that describe techniques used in the TM teaching.
> That's why I pointed out the Hints section.

Perhaps, but he says that only neophyte meditators meditate with eyes shut.
That implies
that the SAME technique is used in both eyes shut and eyes open cases.

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: