--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "tomandcindytraynoratfairfieldlis"

> New morning writes:
> Anyone else sick of thus choking of FFL? If so, open your window and
> shout "I'm not going to take in any longer". Or simple post it.
>
> Tom T:
> Simply down load them as emails and delete all of the frivoluous ones.
> Of course without looking at them. Cuts the traffic by 90%

I have tried that. As others too have suggested it. Maybe it will come
to that, but it seems to me that then FFL becomes a walled off city --
of green zones, "safe passages" and "the bad ones". Not my sense of
community.

I find that most all posters, can and do post intelligently at times.
Its a shame to  cut that off totally. It seeems more  supportive and
"community building" to try to send feedback, strong if needed, that
some behaviors (excessive post, venting or mass minutia) are not
appreciated by the majority of active posters. Hope springs eternal, I
actually thing some of the offensive posters may absorb the feedback
and refine their posting practices.

Second, I think the massively chocking posts of Sparaig and all, drive
away, both new posters -- lurking, giving us a look -- and more
established readers and posters. Not everyone is going to use e-mails,
its convenient. So even if I switch to e-mail, I think FFL still
suffers and is degraded by the choking-volume posters.

Third, by reading only some posters, threads can become disjointed --
various gaps in the flow of facts or logic appear. So I end up
searching for what people are referring to.

I have set up my email for "FFL posts" and "Low-Value Posters". Maybe
I will revert to that isolated, fragmented city. It just seems a shame
to give in and let the the terrorists shape our lives. Then they win. :)

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: